Training for organizing and leading international youth activities ‘Together we can’ will take place on 21-30 March 2017 in Durrës, Albania. The aim of this training course is to provide...
BELGRADE/BERLIN – Are you interested in Europe, history and peace? Do you want to learn more about World War I and its consequences? Do you want to know how other societies experienced the war and how you can personally contribute to a peaceful future in and around Europe? Do you have ideas for peace in and around Europe that you want to carry forward?
As the partner of the “Youth for Peace – 100 Years After World War I, 100 Ideas For Peace”, RYCO invites 50 young people from the Western Balkans to meet young people from Germany, France and the European Union, as well as from the EU accession candidates and the European Union’s Southern and Eastern neighbors and discuss topics like war and peace together as part of an international, intercultural meeting, from 14 to 18 November 2018 in Berlin. For the selected participants from the Western Balkans, there will be a preparatory meeting organized in Belgrade from 12 to 14 October 2018, as well.
- Strong motivation and interest in the topic of the First World War and the conclusions that can be formed for the present-day coexistence of people in and around Europe
- A readiness to discuss different cultural and historical viewpoints in Europe and its neighborhood
- Interest and participation in civic engagement
- Must reside in the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia)
- English language skills are required
- German or French language skills are a plus, but not required
- Age: 18-22 years.
Conditions of participation:
- You should be available to attend both, the preparatory meeting in Belgrade (12 – 14 October) and the meeting in Berlin (14 – 18 November 2018)
- Arrival in Berlin should occur on 14 November 2018 by 17:00; departures from Berlin on 18 November 2018 after 14:00.
- The FGYO will cover the costs of housing in a youth hostel that will have been reserved in advance. Accommodation is organized in double and multi-bed rooms separated by gender. Catering will also be provided.
- The FGYO will also cover visa costs, as well as handling the organization of the journey and covering the travel costs (meaning the journey to and from the location). The train or plane ticket(s) will be booked directly and in consultation with you by a travel agency commissioned by the FGYO.
- During the youth meeting in Berlin, you will be accompanied by a team of experienced youth leaders.
Have we sparked your interest? Then send us your application via the online form by clicking on “Apply now” bellow.
Applications will be accepted until 17 June 2018.
Confirmation of participation will be sent by the end of July 2018.
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.