Officials began inspecting the damage of Notre Dame Tuesday. They declared the cathedral structurally sound while identifying “some vulnerabilities,” according to French Deputy Interior Minister Laurent Nunez. Specifically, the vault and gable of the north transept were of concern. Inspectors are also worried about structural damage that may be hidden.
YouthActiv gets young people interested in the EU and what it means for them before they’re even old enough to cast their first vote.
Dr. Foteini Asderaki, Assistant Professor of the Department of International and European Studies in the University of Piraeus, explains the idea behind YouthActiv, a series of workshops and seminars designed to show young people the importance of the EU:
In 2019, in the selection of projects, emphasis will be put on1:
- reaching out to marginalised young people, promoting diversity, intercultural and inter-religious dialogue, common values of freedom, tolerance and respect of human rights as well as on projects enhancing media literacy, critical thinking and sense of initiative of young people as well as
- equipping youth workers with competences and methods for their professional development, including for digital youth work, needed for transferring the common fundamental values of our society, particularly to the hard to reach young people and preventing violent radicalisation of young people as well.
In this regard, taking into account the critical context in Europe – and considering the fact that youth work, non-formal learning activities can significantly contribute to address the needs of refugees, asylum seekers and migrants and/or increase awareness about this issue within local communities – particular attention will also be given to support youth mobility projects involving or focussing on the refugees/asylum seekers and migrants.
The International Romani Day (April 8) is a day to celebrate Romani culture and raise awareness of the issues facing Romani people.
The day was officially declared in 1990 in Serock, Poland, the site of the fourth World Romani Congress of the International Romani Union (IRU), in honour of the first major international meeting of Romani representatives, 7–12 April 1971 in Chelsfield near London.
The Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF)’s mission is to achieve feminist peace for equality, justice and demilitarised security.
Women must participate! Gender analysis must be applied! Conflicts must be prevented! All actors must disarm!
What are the conditions for Nordic co-operation in the field of peace and conflict resolution in today’s multipolar world? The answer to this question can be found in a new report to be published in conjunction with the Nordic Council’s theme session in Copenhagen on 9 April.
The first Gay Pride in Bosnia-Herzegovina is scheduled to take place on September 8 in Sarajevo, organizers have said. They stressed on Monday that the objective is to promote the rights of the homosexual population and change social perception.
Local media said the first Gay Pride in Bosnia was organized by activists in Sarajevo as well as other cities including Tuzla, Banja Luka, Prijedor, Bijeljina.
Youth across Canada are working towards reconciliation in different ways. In this project explore solutions proposed by young people to show your class what youth can do to get involved in the solution towards reconciliation.
For your presentation:
- What is offered to youth in terms of exploring reconciliation with other young people?
- Examples of youth making a difference towards reconciliation
- Quotes from youth on truth & reconciliation
- If you want, you could also include ideas you and your group have for ways your school can get involved or to raise awareness in your school or community
Below are only a few examples to get you started on your research. You can include them or find different examples and sources.
Water is an essential building block of life. It is more than just essential to quench thirst or protect health; water is vital for creating jobs and supporting economic, social, and human development.
2019 Theme: Leaving no one behind
The theme for World Water Day 2019 is ‘Leaving no one behind,’ which is the central promise of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: as sustainable development progresses, everyone must benefit.
What is the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development?
At the Sustainable Development Summit on 25 September, 2015, UN Member States adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which includes a set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and tackle climate change by 2030.