Professionalizing peacebuilding Train. Transition. Transform. In partnership with the Sarajevo School of Science and Technology, the 2018 Sarajevo Symposium will engage participants in contemporary theory and practice of post-conflict political...
The Center for Comparative Conflict Studies (CFCCS) at the Faculty of Media and Communications (FMK), Singidunum University invites you to apply for the 9th International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies. The 2018 Summer School will take place at the Faculty of Media and Communications in Belgrade, from June 24 to July 1, 2018.
Language of instruction for all courses is English
Students who complete the course requirements may transfer the course credit to their home institution (5ECTS)
They are now receiving applications for the following six (6) courses: (Applicants can attend only one course from this list)
- Citizenship and Violence: From States to Streets
Dr. Igor Štiks (Faculty of Media & Communications (FMK), Singidunum University, Serbia)
- Rethinking Peace Education: The Work of Identity and Culture in Conflict Ridden Societies
Dr. Zvi Bekerman (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel)
- Migrants, Borders, Power(s): Contemporary Struggles, Moral Claims and Regimes of (im)mobility
Dr. Jelena Tošić (University of Vienna, Austria & University of Bern, Switzerland)
- Religion and Conflict: The Balkans’ Explorations vs. Explorations of the Balkans
Dr. Dino Abazović (University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- From Intervention to Non-Intervention: The Triumph of State Sovereignty over Human Rights?
Dr. Maxine David (University of Leiden, Netherlands)
- Memory and Conflict: Remembering and Forgetting in Divided Societies
Dr. Orli Fridman (Faculty of Media & Communications (FMK), Singidunum University & School for International Training (SIT), Serbia)
Deadline to submit applications: March 30, 2018
Who is eligible to apply for the EFB scholarship?
- Applicants from the Western Balkans to include: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia.
- Applicants from Israel and Palestine.
All other informations you can find here.