The Vienna Photographic Society awards talented photographs in 2017. The aim of The Alfred Fried Photography Award is presenting people’s efforts in order to coexist, while searching for beauty. The...
The OSCE Presence in Albania in co-operation with the Municipality of Tirana and the Regional Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO) are launching a Call for Applications for “Youth Trail: “Promoting OSCE Values in the Western Balkans” to be held from 13 to 17 September 2017 in Tirana, Albania.
The Youth Trail is a learning, exchange and fun week in Tirana for 40 young people from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Serbia and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, coming from wide range of ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds.
The Youth Trail is part of a series of activities organized on the occasion of the 20 year anniversary of the OSCE Presence in Albania. It promotes OSCE values of democracy and co-operation, and the important role young people play in promoting peace and security in the region. Youth Trail participants, through interactive sessions, simulations and outdoor activities, will explore important areas such as: activism, youth engagement in the fight against corruption, countering violent extremism and radicalization. The program includes outdoor activities as well as a Youth Concert to celebrate 20 years OSCE Presence in Albania. The working language will be English.
Submit your application if you are:
- 18 to 24 years old, from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Serbia or the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia;
- An active and engaged member of your community and have interest in Western Balkans’(youth) regional co-operation;
- Have working knowledge of English.
- Gender and geographic balance criteria will be applied in the selection process;
- Candidates from smaller communities outside of regional centres and capitals are encouraged to apply;
- *All references to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text should be understood in full compliance with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244.
- Accommodation (hostels), meals and transport will be provided by the organizers;
- Travel to Tirana by bus will be organized from Belgrade, Podgorica, Prishtina, Sarajevo and Skopje;
- Travel to and from departing cities is participants’ own responsibility.
How to apply?
The Call for Youth Trail is now open. All interested candidates should apply online, completing the application form through this link.
The application must be submitted by 13 August 2017, at the latest by 23:59 Central European Time.
Only selected applicants will be notified, within two weeks of the application deadline.
For further information please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit the official website.