Seminar / Conference
12-16 November 2018 | Split, Croatia
Tool Fair XIII #PowerUp! shall provide a stimulating environment for varied approaches & practices for those working to support Youth Empowerment with a focus on Human Rights, Active Participation, Intercultural Dialogue, Social Inclusion & Mental Health.
The 13th edition of the International Tool Fair will take place from the 12th (arrival) to the 16th (departure) of November in Split, Croatia.
The focus of this year’s edition aims to develop – also through innovative approaches, pedagogies and practices – the quality and variety of tools for learning that will empower young people to create inclusive diverse communities they live in.
Participating in the Tool Fair XIII is an opportunity for participants to shape educational and experiential pathways, to run a workshop and to share tools for learning (http://educationaltoolsportal.eu/en/tools-learning-non-formal-education) with colleagues in an international context, as well as to participate in workshops conducted by their peers. Beyond merely experiencing a wide variety of tools for learning, the Tool Fair aims to provide a space to reflect on tools, give and receive feedback, pave the way for their transferability and further development.
This way, the Tool Fair XIII aims to enhance capacity building skills of the participants and to contribute not only to the learning outcomes of each individual participant but also on the quality of tools for learning and learning process at European level, complementing the two educational tools websites managed by the SALTO-YOUTH EuroMed & Good Practices Resource Centre: the Multilingual Educational Tools Portal (http://educationaltoolsportal.eu/) and the SALTO-YOUTH Toolbox for Training and Youth Work (http://www.salto-youth.net/tools/toolbox), in coherence with the European Training Strategy.
Overall aim of the 13th edition of the International Tool Fair:
To promote quality in youth work and support capacity building of those working for youth empowerment
– To enhance participants’ critical thinking in order to be able to respond to challenges of the evolving context, in line with European Commission youth priorities (intercultural dialogue, participation in social and political life, social inclusion, entrepreneurship and employability, etc.)
– To develop – also through innovative approaches, pedagogies and practices – the quality and variety of tools for learning aiming at inclusive and diverse community of young people
– To contribute to the educational and experiential pathway of each participant, particularly in relation to the competences of creating and using tools for youth empowerment
– To contribute to the overall European Training Strategy in the framework of “European Union’s Strategy for youth: investing and empowering” through SALTO Tools for Learning
The theme for the International Tool Fair XIII is YOUTH EMPOWERMENT (competences, approaches, pedagogies and practices) with special focus on the following topics:
• Human rights
• Active participation
• Intercultural dialogue
• Social inclusion
• Mental Health
The International Tool Fair will introduce a range of different approaches with special reference to:
• Expressive arts
• Digital learning
Expected profile of participants:
The working language of the event will be English therefore the participants should be comfortable working in English.
Applications are open for participants who have an interest in the development of competences, approaches, pedagogies and practices fostering youth empowerment and who are willing to share and present a tool for learning which is related to youth empowerment, especially regarding Human Rights, Active participation, Intercultural dialogue, Social inclusion and Mental Health.
People from different sectors such as public and private are invited to apply so that discussions can be held about the transferability of tools into different sectors.
Tool Fair XIII is particularly directed at:
• Youth workers
• Trainers, facilitators, coaches
• Youth policy makers
• People working directly with youth
• Youth leaders, leaders of youth groups or representatives of youth organisations (local, regional, national, European, international…)
• Youth project managers
• Formal Education practitioners
• Adult Education practitioners
• Vocational Education and Training practitioners
• Business sector representatives working with youth
• NA representatives (Youth, School, Higher Education, Adult Education, VET)
• Able to communicate in English
• Devoted to participate in the full process of the activity
• Have visions and plans how to use what they learned in their work
• Have the potential to develop their competencies in relation to the objectives of the activity
• KA1 – Youth Exchanges
• KA1 – European Voluntary Service
• KA1 – Mobility of Youth Workers
• KA2 – Strategic Partnerships
• KA2 – Cross-sectoral Projects
• KA2 – Transnational Youth Initiatives
• KA3 – Structured Dialogue Projects
• Youth empowerment
• Human Rights
• Active Participation
• Intercultural Dialogue
• Social Inclusion
• Recognition of non-formal learning and youth work
• Development of youth work quality
Application deadline: July 22
Training overview: http://trainings.salto-youth.net/7361
This Seminar / Conference is for 100 participants from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries , Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU and recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Project managers, Youth Policy Makers, ESC (ex-EVS) Mentors/tutors